“The Royal Escape's” Kaleidoscopic Rural Destination...
Route and Location detail
JAIPUR - TORDI (100 kms / 2 hrs) - PUSHKAR (110 kms / 2 hrs) - UDAIPUR
Distances from major Tourist Centers:
330 Km from Delhi; 280 Km from Agra; 100 km from Jaipur; 40 Km from Tonk; 110 km from Pushkar; 115 km from Ranthambore; 80 km form Bundi; 100 km from Ajmer; 280 Km from Udaipur;
ABOUT TORDI VILLAGE: Village Tordi is truly the heart of Rajasthan located- just there- in the centre of the massive state. The village has everything that a discerning tourist expects in Rajasthan Proximity, Wilderness, Cultural experiences, unspoilt atmosphere, Hillocks, Dunes, Lakes, old step wells, Archageological sites, temples, Jeep, camel cart and horse rides are just to name a few. The village is almost equidistance from Jaipur, Bundi, Sawai Madhopur and Pushkar-Ajmer making it a perfect breakaway destination on any of the tour coming to the above cities. By making simple changes in our ancestral property and adding personal touches of authentic Indian hospitality, we at Tordi Garh strive to make every visit of our guests special. We guarantee Comfort, authentic cultural experience and great outdoor experiences devoid of any touristy vibes to our guests.
HISTORY OF TORDI:
The Tordi Fort was established in the 16th century by the Thakur Akhey Singhji of the Khangarot clan of Rajputs, upon the Thakur's return from victory in Kabul, Afghanistan with the horseback armies of Jaipur State. The King of Jaipur bestowed upon the Thakur the Kharag Vijay Khangar award for his excellent swordsmanship in battle. In return for his services in the victory over Kabul, the Thakur was granted the Jagir (fiefdom) of Tordi. The Fort was constructed in 1652 AD.
Tordi Village in one of the fiefdoms of the Khangarot Clan-an offshoot of the Kushwaha dynasty that ruled Jaipur and Amer. In 16th century Th. Akhey Singh, one of the descendants of Khangar Singh (the founder of Khangarot clan) overthrew the regional chief and built a fortress on the top of the hill which one can see even today though in ruins
Later the village was inhabited by people accompanying him in the battle. Some insignias near the ruined step well and some old cenotaphs in the area mark the valour of these warriors. Today the descendants of the brave nobleman are spread in a number of villages in the region. The present family lives in the fort and the palace which were built much later in the plains below the hills.
Things to Do
Visit Hada Rani ki Bawri (famous stepwell and nominated World Heritage Site). Drive a little ahead to visit the massive Dam of Bisalpur.
Visit to countryside by Camel Cart to explore the rural ramble and beautiful and natural landscapes.
Day and Night Jeep Safaris to Tordi Forest for wildlife spotting.
Sun basking, kite flying, sunset views with sundowners on the sand dunes ... up to 150 feet high
Village tours to see potters and artisans at work;
Visit to Tordisagar Lake - home to various local and migratory birds
We invite you to smell, touch and taste our organic vegetables in their raw state and learn about their different growth stages
Take a tour to 500 years old ethnic village consisting of double storey mud houses.
Recommended Duration of stay: 2 Nights
- Start from Jaipur/Delhi for Tordi at 9.00 am/6.00 AM;
- Reach Tordi and check in Tordi Palace, a heritage home.
- Unwind and have lunch.
- Take a visit to Tordisagar Lake and Tordi sand dunes by camel cart. Have hot tea and cookies at sand dunes.
- Back to Tordi Palace. Enjoy Bonn Fire on top of the terrace overlooking starry skies. Dinner and overnight in Tordi.
- Sip your morning tea and then take a guided hill trek to Tordi Garh, negotiating through the village lanes and then taking an easy climb up hill.
- Back to Palace and have a relaxing breakfast.
- Take an excursion to Todaraisingh Fort and Hada Rani ki Bawri (Step Wells) - Nominated for World Heritage Site.
- Back to Palace and have lunch (Option to have traditional lunch at a heritage and ethnic village home)
- Later in the afternoon take a jeep ride visit beautiful countryside and Tordi Sagar Dam and to spot wild animals and migratory birds. Visit organic farms to know how different grains and vegetables are grown.
- Yet another wonderful evening awaits you to have chat with the host's family to share experiences and history of the region. Dinner and overnight in Tordi.
- Enjoy your morning tea at leisure.
- Have a relaxing breakfast.
- Proceed to your next destination
Tordi Palace offers rooms decorated in Traditional Rajasthani style. The interiors in their simplicity, elegance and attention to detail, showcase traditional Indian craftsmanship. Some Rooms have splendid views of the Aravali hills. Rooms and Suites at the Tordi Palace feature an authentic royal environment. Here you will relax in a tranquil environment with sounds of nature in a traditional Rajasthani setting.
PACKAGE STARTING FROM: INR 3100.00 per person on twin sharing basis
Package Cost for 3 days /2 Nights
01. Welcome drink (non alcoholic)
02. Accommodation in AC guest rooms on twin sharing basis
03. Daily Breakfast
04. Complimentary morning Tea/Coffee
05. Complimentary guided village walk
Rates for extra meals (per person): Breakfast INR 300; Veg Lunch INR 400; Veg & Non Veg Dinner INR 600; Tea/Coffee with 01 hot veg snack INR 150
GST @5% EXTRA on total billing.
To BOOK please fill and submit the form below:
(OR you can directly E mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your exact requirements and dates)
WE'RE HAPPY TO HELP
Whether you’re thinking about Corporate Tours or Day Trips or simply have questions, we’re here to help.
Write to us: email@example.com