Enrich yourself with Serenity and Forgotten History
Route and Location detail
JAIPUR - VIRATNAGAR (95 kms / 2 hrs) - SARISKA (37 kms / 1 hr) – SILISERH (64 kms / 1.5 hrs)
Distances from major Tourist Centers:
200 Km from Delhi; 260 Km from Agra; 100 km from Jaipur; 190 from Salasar
ABOUT VIRAT NAGAR (Erstwhile Bairat) - This little-known place is a wonder of wonders for those who have the deep interest in prehistoric sites and a penchant for history.
Bairat’s history goes back to the time of Mahabharata and Mahabhashya when it was known as Viratnagar. They say during their 13th year of exile, the Pandavas lived in Viratnagar. There are ancient caves called Bhim Ki Dungri, where Bhim was supposed to have lived. It was also a part of the Mauryan Empire. Viratnagar has, ruins of Bijak-ki-Pahadi, a Buddhist Chapel from 3rd Century BC. It once had a flourishing Buddhist culture and the town is home to a Buddhist monastery, a rock and wood shrine, and a rock-cut edict from the Emperor Ashoka. There are also the remains of an old Buddhist Stupa.
During the Mughal era, this was an important town as well. Its proximity to the scenic jungles of Sariska made Akbar come here for hunting. This town has Akbar’s Hunting Lodge as well. Viratnagar also houses a gorgeous Jain Temple: Shri Parshvanath Digambar Jain Nasiyan. They say the Chinese traveller Huen Tsang had visited Viratnagar.
VIRATNAGAR HISTORICAL SIGHTSEEING & EXCURSIONS
Mughal garden and monument with painted chhatris built by Jahangir.
Ancient cave called Bhim Ki Dungri, where Bhim was supposed to have lived during Pandava’s exile.
The ancient Hanuman temple that looks as though the rock perched delicately on the mountain top in all its grace and beauty.
Ruins of Bijak-ki-pahadi, a Buddhist chapel belonging to the 3rd century, known to be the oldest free-standing Buddhist structures in India.
Day excursion trips to Sariska National Tiger Reserve and Siliserh Lake for boating and crocodile sighting
VIRATNAGAR CAMP - Things to Do
Stay in 16′ feet dia Yurt Tents with en suite bathrooms
For those adrenaline junkies, we have host of adventure activities like Cycling, Trekking, Hiking, Archery, Air Rifling etc.
Night Safaris, local Viratnagar guided historical Tour.
Recommended Duration of Stay: 2 Nights
- Reach Viratnagar Camp and check in your Tent; Welcome drink
- Unwind and relax in the serene environs
- Enjoy Bonn Fire in cold evenings over drinks and snacks
- Dinner and overnight in camp
- Sip your morning tea and then take a guided hill trek in the Aravali ranges
- Have breakfast and drive to Siliserh Lake for boating and crocodile sightseeing
- Take an afternoon safari in Sariska National Tiger Reserve
- Back to camp in evening
- Chat by the Bonn Fire and share your experieces
- Dinner and overnight in camp
- Enjoy your morning tea at leisure.
- Have a relaxing breakfast.
- Check out of your camp and take a guided tour of Historical Viratnagar
- Head to your next destination
VIRATNAGAR CAMP PICTURES
PACKAGE STARTING FROM: INR 4400.00 per person on twin sharing basis
Package Cost for 3 days /2 Nights
- Welcome drink (non alcoholic)
- Accommodation in non AC Yurt Tents on twin sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Complimentary morning Tea/Coffee
- Complimentary guided village walk
- Complimentary guided Hill Trekking
Rates for extra meals (per person): Breakfast INR 200; Veg Lunch INR 350; Veg & Non Veg Dinner INR 500; Tea/Coffee with 01 hot veg snack INR 150
GST @5% EXTRA on total billing.
To BOOK please fill and submit the form below:
(OR you can directly E mail us at email@example.com with your exact requirements and dates)
WE'RE HAPPY TO HELP
Whether you’re thinking about Corporate Tours or Day Trips or simply have questions, we’re here to help.
More Rural Stay Destinations: