1. Choose an Easy Trek First
As you are a beginner, you should not go for the tough treks as they are generally meant for the experts and veterans. The Royal Escape helps people Choosing a trek according to their past experience and fitness level.
2. Make Certain That You are Perfectly Fit
Medical checkup should be the first and foremost priority before planning a trekking trip. While trekking, many trekkers suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, etc. It is your responsibility to inform the trek manager if you have any medical problems. Moreover, while on the trail, you must tell him if you are suffering from dysentery, bad blisters, headaches or dizziness. backpacking_postgrid
3. Research Can’t be Compromised
The planning and research for the trek should be done very carefully. We, The Royal Escape have pioneered in the field of trekking, which also include the long belt of the mighty Himalayas. We understand that A proper research is extremely essential and its importance grows even bigger if you are a beginner. After you have information on the location and climate that you may encounter during the trek, you can do further planning of your excursion.
4. Proper Scheduling is a Must
Make a comprehensive schedule when you are planning for your adventure; the schedule should be designed as per the climate and situation of the destination. You should make sure that you have informed a relative or a friend about your schedule, as they can come to your aid if you get into any problem.
5. What’s the Budget?
Important factors of the tour such as expenses of food, accommodation, etc. should be given enough consideration while planning a budget. The money you are carrying should be a little more than what has been estimated, as there are many unforeseen expenses that may come up on the trekking trip. The Royal Escape also provide budget accommodation during the trekking.
6. Pack All the Essentials Carefully
As you are a beginner, you must know that the foodstuffs and clothes are something that may not be available during the trek. Hence, you must carry food and clothes in sufficient amount. The quality of the clothes should be good as during the trail, there is a possibility of clothes being torn. Moreover, it is not easy to wash clothes while on a tour.
- Backpack (Rucksack) (60 ltr -70ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps, supporting frame and back pack rain cover
- Trekking pole
- Water Bottle
- LED Torch & with Extra Batteries
- 3 pair of synthetic track pants
- 3 Full sleeve woolen tees with collar
- A full sleeve thick jacket
- A full sleeve sweater
- 2 pairs of thermal inner
- Woolen monkey cap/balaclava that cover the ear
- Woolen hand gloves + synthetic water proof glove
- A woolen head-scarf or muffler
- Trekking Shoes
- 2 pairs of sports socks
- 2 pairs of woolen socks
- Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+)
- LED Torch with extra set of cells
- Snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruits
- Sun Glasses it should be U/V Protected
- Toilet Kit (Toilet Paper) & Quick Dry Towels
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Hot water Bag
- Medicines to carry : Vicks, Crocin, Avomine, Combiflam, Avil 25mg, Disprin, Norflox, Diamox, Band aid, Digene, Gauze cloth, Leukoplast, Cotton, Antiseptic cream like Betadine,Pain relieving spray like Volini/Moov, Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters – 4 inch width, Oral Rehydration Salts like Electral/Enerzal
- Denim or jeans clothing
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
- Plastics of all kind
Documents to carry
- ID proof like driving license, voters ID card, passport
- 4 Passport size photo
- Medical certificate from a recognized practicing doctor certifying your fitness for the trek
- Indemnity certificate
Trekking Instructions and Guidelines:
- It’s always good to plan for an additional day to accommodate any unforeseen conditions like bad weather, broken bridges, flight delays, casualties that may arise.
- Since you will be trekking in an Eco-friendly zone, make sure you do not litter the vicinity and carry your leftovers.
- Flowy and frilly clothing might hinder your movement. It is better to avoid such type of clothing.
- Do not rely on sports or casual shoes as they might compromise grip on the snowy surface.
- Trekking during the nights is extremely dangerous and might lead to unwanted circumstances.
- It is advisable to consult an expert trekker before backpacking as a heavy backpack might slow down your trekking speed.
- While visiting the monasteries and other religious sites, abide by the instructions and guidelines laid by the authorities.
- Try not to interrupt or disturb the locals during the trek or other times.
- Never compromise with the quality of drinking water; ensure that the water is properly boiled and purified.
- Avoid heavy meals during the trek as it leads to tiredness.
- Abide by the instructions given by the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking.
- Always take a note of the weather reports and avoid getting caught in any sort of natural ravages.
THE ROYAL ESCAPE has an excellent team which delivers prompt services to all our Guests .Our field staff comprise of professional mountain guides who know the exact routes and stopover points in the mountains, Cooks who can rustle up excellent meals, efficient camp helpers who are trained to set up camp within minutes and also to take care of the environment and ecology. All our staff is trained to act immediately in case of any eventuality.
How to Prepare Yourself For A Trek – The Royal Escape
Inquire with us about any Trek or any place below. Lets Travel!